Controller and Data Protection Officer contact details
The Environment Agency is the controller for the personal data we process under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR) and Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018). Our contact details are available on GOV.UK.
Our personal information charter explains:
- how to contact our Data Protection Officer
- what we do with your personal information (personal data) in general
- your rights and how to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office
Why we may process your personal data and what we collect
Our purpose for processing your personal data is to improve the service.
The lawful basis we rely on for processing your personal data is your consent under Article 6(1)(a) of the UK General Data Protection Regulation. To withdraw your consent for
processing at any time, contact:
Telephone: 03708 506 506
We collect personal data from you directly. The categories of personal data obtained are:
- your email address if you include it
We obtain your personal data by placing small files called cookies onto your computer to collect information about how you use our GOV.UK service. Find out more about cookies and how to manage them. The categories of personal data obtained are:
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of which web browser you use
What we do with your personal data
We use your personal data to:
- improve the service by monitoring how it's used and analysing feedback
- respond to any feedback you provide or invite you to take part in user research, if you ask us to
We do not use your personal information to make an automated decision or for automated profiling.
Where your personal information is stored and processed
We store and process your personal data on secure servers in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Your data will not be transferred outside the European Economic Area.
How long we keep your personal data
We keep your personal data for 24 months. We may retain anonymised feedback longer than this.
Changes to this notice
We may change this privacy notice. In that case, the 'last updated' date at the bottom of this page will also change. Any changes to this privacy notice will immediately apply to you and your data.
If these changes affect how your personal data is processed, we'll take reasonable steps to let you know.
This notice was last updated on 17 March 2022.